Saturday, September 8, 2012

1 Year Anniversary at Metal Toad

I've been wanting to finish this post since I tweeted about my 1-Year Anniversary at Metal Toad. It has been the best job ever. I've already talked about how they devote time to R&D and how they respect developers estimates and work with clients that understand and value quality and expert service. The best part is that things have even improved since then. We moved to a new space with its own bathrooms, kitchen, and a foosball table. They implemented profit-sharing and a remote work policy (aka work from home), which includes WFH Fridays.

I get to work with really smart people who are equally humble, producing high quality work that I can be proud of and am given time to learn new things and keep my skills sharp. As with any job, there are days that may be more stressful or frustrating, but those are few and made easier by working with people that listen and respect you. So, needless to say, I am extremely happy with my job.

No comments: